On June 13th NSR and BlueShore teamed up once again to hold the annual BlueShore Golf Tournament benefiting North Shore Rescue.
- Rain threatened yet again but stayed away all day once again.
- NSR has several vehicles on display and once again set up a highline over the pond by the putting green for rides. Several brave staff and golfers took advantage this year and were happy with how quick and smooth the ride was – thanks to Wally and Bob.
- During the afternoon a call for the team was made by the RCMP to assist in nearby Deep Cove. Members at the golf course were mostly left in place and a few more responded to the limited call. 2 hours later it was learned the subject was not in the area we were requested to search and we were stood down.
- This year the ball drop took a rope rescue turn and Bob with a rope team set up a highline stretcher filled with golf balls above the target. Once droped the closest to the target won. After a wrinkle or two was ironed out it worked well dumping all the balls and a winner determined.
- The usual great buffet was the backdrop for the golfers to win many wonderful raffle prizes as reward for supporting NSR.
- After the tally was made following the live auction a new record was set of $51,000 raised!
- As a warm up to this presentation Jane Thornthwaite presented a cheque on behalf of the BC Liberals of the North Van/Seymour riding association of $5000
Thanks to all who came out to support BlueShore Financial as they supported North Shore Rescue!
Submitted by: Bruce Moffat