On Saturday, April 26th NSR conducted its annual Snowman IV drill.
Completed drill objectives:
- Establishing command at Cypress SAR
- Delorme tracking practice
- Land based response to Code Alpha (multiple avalanche victims)
- Effective triage, treatment, packaging and evacuation of all subjects
- Hover entry and exit / HETS awareness training
- Re-certification of HETS members using tandem evolutions with a loaded ARP
- Completion of Spotter training
- Reconnaissance of potential Montizambert cache
- Rope rescue raise and lower systems for multi-casualty incident – 9 subjects in total!
- Patient packaging and evacuation and active patient management (CPR) via snowmobile
- Air-ops coordinator training
Thank you to Cypress for their assistance with running the drill.
Thank you to all who turned out!